Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hospital Stay

My first admittance to the hospital this pregnancy. 

I had been feeling really crappy on Wednesday and had no energy.  That night I woke up at 1 am in such pain that I could no longer sleep.  My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my head.  I would go from hot to shivering and vice versa.  I couldn't breathe.  Finally around 4am, I woke Trev up and made him go to the store to buy me Tylenol, since that is all I can take and of course we have none.  I take it and it makes me feel better but not great.  Around 5 in the morning. I finally feel OK enough to take a shower.  It makes me feel better and I am able to sleep from 530 to 730 before I have to get up and get KK ready for school.  Around 930 that morning, I start feeling like I want to die again.  Plus, I can't remember feeling the babies move all night.  I call my doctor and she tells me to go directly to the hospital.  We get the kids situated and head to the hospital.  They admit me and instantly hook me up to monitor the babies.  They tell me I am really dehydrated and put an IV in.  After a while of being monitored and getting bombarded with fluids, I start to feel a lot better. They release me a little while later and tell me to keep myself hydrated.  I thought I was but apparently not.  It still took me a few days to start feeling like myself again, but it was nothing like that first day.  I can't remember that last time I felt that bad.  I just hope its my last hospital stay until the babies are born.

No comments: