Aidan has had a tough year at school. 2nd grade has been a challenge getting Aidan to not be so sensitive to what others think and say about him. He started doubting himself, assuming everyone was being mean to him, and started playing the victim. It truly concerned me and I tried talking with him and the teacher but nothing I said seemed to work. Then his teacher told me know about this program where the counselor takes a small group of second grader boys who are dealing with the same challenges twice a week for 6 weeks. The counselor works on these challenges through games, interactions and role playing. I say a change in him almost instantly. Instead of him coming home crying about how horrible school was and how everyone was mean to him. He came home happy and loving school. He thought the time with the counselor was awesome and loved going each week.
So for the month of February, Aidan got student of the month in his class. He received it for working so hard on letting the small things good and choosing to be happy. He truly is a different kid and I am so proud to see him grow up and become such a cool young man. We got breakfast with the principal during the award ceremony. It was a cool morning
Here is...I am cool look
No comments:
Post a Comment