Sunday, July 12, 2015

Release as Young Women President



Today I was released from my church calling. I am sad but so grateful for this opportunity. I have loved being the Young Women’s President of my ward. I learned so much from my girls in the last two and a half years.

     Before being called as the Young Women President, I had been going though a difficult time in my life. I remember feeling like I needed help to get through this time. Heavenly Father always seems to place the right people in my life at the right time. He also seems to give me the exact calling that I need to become a better person. He just knows exactly what I need and when I need it. This time, He knew that to help me come closer to Him, I needed a calling that would give me an opportunity to grow and serve.

     My calling in the Young Women did just that. I feel like I got more out of it than the girls did. My calling challenged me to be a good example and it helped me to rely more on God. I’m so grateful for how God has blessed me for my imperfect service as the YW President.

     I struggled being a leader. I am not the best at delegating or organization. I sometimes have a hard time putting forth the effort to get personal revelation and this calling was a true blessing in that area. I definitely felt so much love and guidance from Him when I turned to him on what I could do to help these girls, as well for my own life.

This calling also taught me the importance of expressing gratitude. I learned how much hard work goes into all of the activities and lessons. I learned how much the bishopric and other leaders and teachers do for me. No one is paid at all for their countless hours of service. We do it because of love; love for God and love for the people that we serve. It is so important not to criticize leaders for their imperfect service. We should instead offer our help to them, support them and thank them for what they do. They do SO much!


     I am grateful to Heavenly Father for the opportunity that I had to be the YW President. I hope that he will someday trust me and give me the opportunity to serve in the Young Women’s organization again. I have absolutely LOVED it. It was the best calling. I really love the Young Women in my ward. I wish that I had done more for them. I hope that they know just how amazing and beautiful they are. I hope they remember who they are but more importantly WHO’s they are… a daughter of God. A princess of a Heavenly King.  They all are so unique and different and have so many things to offer this crazy world.  I just hope they don’t ever doubt their worth or try to be someone they are not. I wish they could see themselves through my eyes.  They are amazing!!! I love the time I have had to serve but change is inevitable and always a little sad but I look forward to a new calling and the wonderful things I will learn and how I will grow from it.

No comments: