Friday, January 15, 2016

ER Trip

I guess I should be grateful Corbin made it to 6 years old before we needed to take him to the ER.  Aidan and Corbin had been in bed for almost 2 hours before they both came downstairs letting us know Corbin had swallowed a small battery from a flashlight.  These are the times I am so grateful my husband doesn't work graveyards anymore because he was here and was the lucky one to take him to the ER to find our what we are supposed to do.  He was there from 9 to 1 in the morning.  It had already entered his intestines by the time they took X-rays...which is a blessing that it didn't get stuck and was passing through him just fine.  

He thought it was so cool to see his belly

And to be in charge of the remote and have his own TV.  I was afraid this was going to make him want to do something again just so he could go back there.

It took us one more trip to the ER to make sure it was passing and 4 days later...he was all clear.  Who knew as a parent I would have the privilege of having my son poop in a baggie so I could squish it with my fingers to find a battery. Luckily daddy was around most of the time so I only had to do it once.
Boys will be boys I guess!!!

No comments: