Saturday, December 8, 2012

Grandma's Slack Goodies

I remember as a child that Christmas time was always filled with making goodies.  My mom was the best at making all kinds of different goodies.  This is a tradition that I want to pass on to my children but being a mother of five small children, I don't have the energy to go all out, so lucky for me my mom still is.  We went over to Grandma's house one weekend and spent the day making different treats.  My mom and Trista even spoiled me by making me my favorite treat when I had no more energy left to cook.  They made me divinity.  Christmas is not complete without divinity, and no one makes it like my mom.   
 
The kids had fun but they didn't last long before they lost interest and just wanted to play outside with the rest of their cousins.
 
Corbin stopping just long enough for me to snap a picture
 
Kids making chocolate covered pretzels and Reese's butter cups.

 
Jade getting his first taste of food thanks to Trista.

 
It was so fun and I hope this tradition continues for many years to come.

No comments: