Saturday, January 25, 2014

First 1/2 marathon

I DID IT!!!!  I completed my first 1/2 marathon without stopping which was my only goal.  If you would of told me 3 or 4 years ago that I would be a runner I would of laughed in your face because running any sort of distance would kill my ankles.  My sister in law convinced me to run a 10k and that was the beginning of the end for me.  

It was really tough to get all my training in with mine and Trevor's schedule, but I am so glad I did it. It was an awesome feeling to cross the finish line and know all that hard work had paid off.  

Peck and I on a training run....she kicked my booty but is probably one of the reasons I actually finished the race.

Half way....turn around point

Crossing the finish line....we started the race 2 minutes late so my time was just a little off


Waiting for me at the finish line

That night we went and celebrated at the Cheesecake factory.  I was starving if you can't tell from my food.....those were just my appetizers.  My dinner hadn't come out yet and sadly I ate almost all of it.

I will definitely run another 1/2 marathon but probably not anytime soon


No comments: