Thursday, February 15, 2018

New House

It is so crazy how Heavenly Father works in our lives.  When things are right, He usually makes things happen for us quick.  It is just how its always been for us since we got married.  Trev and I planned on waiting one more year before we started looking to buy a house.  We have been renting from G Ma and Papa for the last 9 years.  House prices kept going up and we just didn't think we had enough in savings to get into a new home.  

So it all began when our good friends started looking to buy at the beginning of February.  Houses come on the market and are sold the same day.  It is crazy.  So they ended up buying a house a week after they started looking.  We had no plans at this time to move but then Dan and Andrea came to us and told us he took a pay cut and that we would need to pay more rent.  Which I completely understood but I started thinking....houses are just going to go up in price.  Vegas just got our own Soccer team, hockey team, and now football team that will start here in 2 years.  Prices are not going to go down and we aren't going to be able to save as much as they up so we thought why not start looking.  We figured it we started now we might find we like by mid to end of summer.  

So we started looking online Wednesday night and found some we like.  We needed a realtor to take us to go look at any houses we found so I had remembered my sister Tami and husband Carl had just gotten their realtor license and so I called her up and said hey could you take us to go look at these houses.  

We had found this house online but by the time she called on it is was listed as under contract.  I was heart broken cause when I saw this house I just knew it was our house.  So Friday morning she took us to go look at 2 other houses.  We hated them.  Saturday morning we go look at another house but it is just way too small but Trev tries to talk me into it so we go talk to the neighbors and try to get a feel for the area.  We end up being there for over 2 hours (which if we weren't there for so long we would of missed what came next)  On our way home, I tell Trev I just want to go look at this other house.  I just need to see it. It is on our way home so we decide to stop by.  There is an open house that just started 15 mins prior to us arriving.  I call Tami and ask her why would they be having an open house if the house is under contract.  So Tami and Carl come back and take us inside.  The realtor there is not very nice and seems like she can't be bothered by people so Tami asks them why there are having an open house if its under contract.  The lady says oh we already had it planned so we can't cancel it...which is not true.  We walk through the house and are even more sad it's not gonna be ours.  Another realtor is here by now and is more willing to talk with Tami so he takes her card.  They call that night and tell Tami the contract fell through so for us to put a bid in.  

So in 2 days we went from bearly looking to putting in an offer.  We put the offer in on Sunday night and by Tuesday we have a signed agreement.  19 days later we had the keys in our hand.  It was a crazy ride and if not for Tami and Carl we would not of gotten this house.  They fought battle after battle to get people to do their jobs and they also put their realtor commission towards our closing costs.  Truly if it was not for them this house would not be ours.  Hopefully one day we can repay them.  I feel like this is where we are supposed to be.  I love being able to see Heavenly Fathers hand in our lives.  We are truly blessed!





I hate moving and never want to do it again.  Well I should say its a love hate relationship.  I loved going through everything and decluttering it was just hard when you are still feeding, clothing and raising 5 kids while doing it.  

We made the mistake of bringing all the kids to IKEA with us.  To say we were all tired by the end is an understatement.  

No comments: