We are still being quarantined and asked to social distance. We have not gone to church since the beginning of March. We have done home church and sacrament. The kids have been out of school since the beginning of March and we just found out will not be going back and will do distance learning for this upcoming school year. It is absolutely crazy what is going on in the world. There is such divide and fighting. I am hoping when the election happens in November things start to go back to normal. It seems every 4 years they make it about race and now about health and mandating things. I never thought I would see the day that America was put on hold and our freedoms would be challenged. I can only hold onto the hope that if we live the gospel and do the best to stay close to our Heavenly Father that he will provided away for us. Tomorrow we go back to church for the first time. We can only go in groups of 50 and have to wear masks. We can't socialize or gather before or after. Isn't that crazy? That we can't even meet and strengthen each other during this time. It makes me sad for those who do not have family around. I know I am blessed to have so many sisters and family around to help during this time.
We are lucky that Trev was able to keep his job through this all. I am so thankful I don't have that added stress in our lives at this time on top of everything else. The kids seem to be doing ok but I am not sure how much longer they will be ok not being around other peers. We decided we will be homeschooling Corbin. If we are already doing distance learning I might as well be the one to come up with his curriculum so I can create it for his needs and fill in the gaps in knowledge. I am not sure if I will switch the twins over yet. We will wait and see how their school does on distance learning.
It will definitely be a new way of life and so I guess I am still coming to grips with what that all means. I am so grateful I know where I can turn to for peace and comfort. I am grateful for the knowledge of my Savior and that part of this earth like experience is to go through challenging things that stretch us and help us grow. I hope can rise to the occasion and grow stronger and closer to my Savior through this.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment