Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Flood

You know when your just having one of those days and you are just trying to make it through.  That would of been the day I was having.  It was coming to the end of the summer and I was trying to have the boys get their chores done before we went ice skating. It was supposed to be the last big hang out with friends before school starts back up.   It was about a half hour before we were supposed to head out and the twins come into my room telling me there is water leaking from the ceiling downstairs.  We had a toilet leak a few months back so I thought it was just a small leak again....nope.  Water was gushing out of my ceiling all over my floor.  I run up stairs to see what the cause is and I see both sinks stopped up with both of them with the water on. There cabinet is full of water, it is all over the floor, going through both walls into the bedrooms, out the bathroom and all the way down the hall.  Aidan was cleaning the bathroom and was filling the sinks to clean.  He walked away and forgot about them so just kept running for a long time.  It was so surreal that I couldn't even yell or get mad. I simply asked Aidan to get me towels and lets get it cleaned up.  We cleaned it up the best we could and we left to go ice skating.  Once we got home from ice skating we had a water damage company come out to cut holes in the ceiling and to start the drying out process.  It was 3 days of large hot fans going into the ceiling and all over the bathroom.

Good thing I love my boys!!!












 

No comments: