Ever since Aidan was a baby he has been banging his head at night. It started as soon as he could lift his own head. He would bang it so hard sometimes his head would bleed and scab up, but the didn't stop him. He would continue to bang it and didn't seem to mind the sore it created on his forehead. I asked the doctor about it and he told me it was normal. He said a lot of kids do it to soothe themselves, and every night since then he has banged his head.
Well now that he is older and can talk, we ask him why he bangs his head. Sometimes he say...cause there is a TV in my head and that is the only way it stops or there is ringing in my ear and that is the only way it stops. This concerned us so we took him to another pediatrician. He referred us to an audiologist and a neurologist. We haven't been to the audiologist yet but our appt is in 3 weeks. We did get into the neurologist and he told us he wanted to get an EEG and a MRI of his brain. He just wants to make sure there isn't anything there that shouldn't be. The EEG test Aidan had to be sedated for. We had to start by sleep depriving him. We had to keep him up until 11 pm and then wake him up at 4 am. He didn't seem to mind but that was a very long day for me. At 7:30 I had to give him medicine that would make him sleepy as I left to drive to the EEG appointment. Within 5 minutes of getting into the room, he was out. He slept through the whole test fine, but I had to wake him up for the last 3 minutes of the test so they could get a read on him brain when he was awake. As soon as I woke him up he said he had to pee. We tried to get him all unhooked in time but we weren't so lucky. He peed everywhere. The nurse didn't seem to mind but having to carry a 4 year old peed little boy all the way to the car was not fun. I had to strip him down and he had to ride home bottomless.
The MRI test Aidan had to be sedated for also. This time though they gave him shots of medicine that knocked him out. The whole time he was in the MRI machine I prayed that he would not wake up. If I woke up to my head being strapped down and in a mask less than 2 inched from my face I would of freaked. Luckily he didn't. He slept right through all the loud noises the machine makes. I had to wake him up after the test, and for the next 4 hours he was out of it. He would sway and fall over if he tried to walk. He would fall off the couch if he tried to sit up. He would say the funniest things.
Here are a couple of pictures of him swaying all over the place....
I promised him a cookies if he smiled for the camera.
We haven't gotten the results back on any of the tests yet, but I am hopeful everything is going to be OK. I am just grateful my kids for the most part are healthy cause that would be the worst...watching your kids suffer in pain and not be able to do anything to comfort them.
Love my Aidan BOY!!!!!




2 comments:
:( worrying is my least favorite part of being a mom. but, at the same time, it's a good thing that we have it, ya know? your a good mama to use your intuition and just
make sure. <3 hugs to Aidan, he's a toughy!
You're.... :) not your....
Post a Comment