I can not believe it has already come and gone but this was a goal I had worked towards for months and I am so proud of myself for actually accomplishing it. I completed the Ragnar Race. For those of you who don't know what that is...it is a race that is over 24hrs long and covers about 188 miles. The running is divided among 12 people and each person runs three separate legs of the race. I was lucky number 12 so I was the last to run. My first and last leg were 6.5 miles and my second leg was 3 miles, so total I ran 16 miles in less than 24 hrs. We were in the car most of the time cheering on our teammate that was running. We did get a hotel room and I got to sleep from 5 am until 8am. I didn't feel the greatest since I was 7 weeks pregnant with identical twins, but I knew it was something I wanted to do and so I made the best of it.
A plus was I got to meet some of the coolest, strongest chicks. My sister in law got me into this mess and most of the team was from her ward. Let me tell you it must be a pretty cool ward.
Our team name was Kickin' Asphalt. We had 2 vans and these are the girls that were in my van.
Me and my sister in law(who by the way ran almost 30 miles during the race. She was only scheduled for 22 miles but she ended up running with 2 other girls who needed the moral support to finish)
At night, we had to be decked out in all our protective gear and vests. The headlight was annoying.
Our second day out with us sporting our team tank tops.
This was taken right before my last leg
It was such a blast to do and I hope I am in good enough shape after having my babies to do it next year!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment