Friday, November 9, 2012

Ragnar 2012

I ran my 1st ragnar race last year when I was 8 weeks pregnant with twins.  It was tough but I had so much fun that I really wanted to do it again this year.  I didn't know if I would be able to get myself back in shape that fast after having twins but it gave me a goal and purpose to get my butt running again.  I started training when they were 3 months old and they were 5 1/2 months when I ran it. 
 
 I had so much fun and it was worth all the sacrifice.  We were van 1 this year so we had to leave around 430 in the morning to make it to the starting line by 5:30.  It was raining and snowing when we started the race.  I am so glad I was runner 3 cause by then it had warmed up a little.  My first leg was only 4.5 miles and mostly downhill so I ran it in at a 8:35 min mile.  My second leg was 6.2 and it was the hills up at Redrock so my pace was a lot slower around a 10 min mile.  My third leg was 5.5 miles and it had up and down hills so again my pace was around a 10 min mile. 
 
I have made it my new goal to run ragnar every year for as many years as this body will let me. It is seriously that much fun.
 
My van team members....
Me, Joanne, Jewel, Jacob, Kennedy, Lorissa
 
Kennedy and I waiting at our second exchange.

No comments: