I am one lucky girl. I have the best in laws in the world. They took all 3 of my kids for 4 days so Trev and I could have a stay"cation". Instead of going on vacation and coming back exhausted, we decided to stay here and do all the things we would do if we didn't have kids. The kids were gone from Wednesday night until Sunday night.
Our Stay"cation" included.....
* Eating at the Charcoal Room. They have the best black bean and cheddar cheese soup.
* Going to the movies.....we saw Transformers 3 and The Green Lantern. Transformers 3 was awesome. I love the comedy in it.
*Golfing...it was hot but there was a nice breeze.
* Shopping a lot. We went and got all the things we have been needing but haven't wanted to get with 3 kids in tow. We also got a lot of our kids Christmas shopping done since we will be jobless.
* Staying up late and sleeping in late
*Hanging out and enjoying the quiet
*Playing Risk...which I dominated
It was a very nice and relaxing 4 days but I was ready to get my kids back. It made me realize how much joy and entertainment they bring me. I love being their mommy.
It also made me realize how much I love Trevor. He is my best friend and it's nice to know that when our kids grow up and are gone we will still have things to talk about and still like being around each other. We will have been married 7 years next month and I am so thankful for everyday I have been married to him. I love you BABE!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment