One thing that is hard about living in our ward is so most people come and go within a few years. No one stays and since we have been in this ward over 11 years we have met many people. I have friends but I don't let to many people close. I think its a coping mechanism I have picked up over the years so its very hard when I do make a true friend who knows the real me (and still is my friend) moves away. I am not a sentimental or emotional person usually but I have been having a really hard time with that thought of Katie moving away. She was forced to be my friend when she got called as my counselor 3 years ago. She is someone who makes me want to be better because of her example. She is so strong and loving and we have so much fun together laughing and being silly. I am truly going to miss her and wish she wasn't moving all the way to Japan.
Our kids are both loners and don't mind playing by themselves so it was hard sometimes to make them friends but they ended up in the same kindergarten class and they became friends..well more like a married couple who argued over silly things but it made us laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment