I think the worst thing about being a parent is having your kids be sick and you can do nothing to make them feel better. Since December (no lie) we have not gone more than a week without someone being sick. I am so over it. I guess with a kindergartner, a preschooler and a toddler in nursery we have not had the best luck.
Well two weeks ago, KK kept complaining that her throat her. I kept looking at her throat and it was a little red but not pussy or any white spots, so I doped her up on Tylenol and hoped after a day or two it would go away. No such luck!!! After three days, KK woke up with her face and neck swollen I could hear her trying to breathe. I felt her neck and there was a huge hard ball (about the size of half a golf ball) on each side of her neck. I took her into the doctor. They were surprised they were so big. They tested her for strep and it came back negative. They doctor said it was a clogged lymph node. They put her on an antibiotic and after two days it was almost all gone. I thought it was over, but a week later while KK was playing in the hot tub she broke out in a huge rash. She was covered from head to toe. I was paranoid because I thought she might be having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. Here is what it looked like a

We went back to the doctor. I was just hoping she wasn't allergic to the antibiotic and come to find out she isn't. She had gotten something else. It is called 5th disease. It's more common in girls. It is only dangerous for an unborn child so really nothing to worry about which was some good news. She just had to bear the itching for the next 3 days until it went away.
All I can say is...
sickness, sickness, go away
Come again some other day (or never)
PS. As I write this post (which is two weeks past due), KK is sick again. She has a high fever and is complaining about her throat again. I hate kindergarten germs!!!!!
All I can say is...
sickness, sickness, go away
Come again some other day (or never)
PS. As I write this post (which is two weeks past due), KK is sick again. She has a high fever and is complaining about her throat again. I hate kindergarten germs!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment