Aidan had been my one child who had not ever been to the hospital. He is just naturally a very healthy little boy. Well for the last couple of weeks he kept complaining about having the urge to pee but nothing would come out. I chalked it up to a urinary tract infection and thought the doctor would give me a prescriptions and we would call it good. Well all the tests came back negative so we didn't know what was causing this. I went to see a specialist and found out the reason he was having the urge was because he was holding his pee to long so when he would finally pee his bladder would still wanna contract giving him the urge to pee again. That was good news...simple, right?
No! We found something else out during the examine. We found out that he had some scar tissue on his penis making his pee hole really small. It happens in 5% of boys who are circumcised. It is a side effect. He needed a procedure done that would only take about 10 minutes, but it had to be done in the hospital and he had to be knocked out for it. Of course, with me being induced the next week I had no choice but to schedule it during Trev's vacation so he wouldn't be able to be there.
I think the hardest part of the whole situation was having him asking to eat and drink and me telling him he couldn't. How do you tell a 4 year old that he has to fast for over 20 hours, since his surgery was scheduled for 1 pm?
This is Aidan as we got the hospital...all grins
They were so good to him at Sunrise and he loved being there. I love him in his little scrubs.
I couldn't go with him to the operating room but they let him drive this jeep back by himself.
This is Aidan half awake and half still out if it, but he was happy because they let him have a popsicle.
After about 20 more minutes, he was done and just wanted to go home. He hated his IV and just wanted it taken out. My poor little man!
I had told Aidan he could chose anywhere he wanted to eat, thinking it would be In n out or Mc D's, but no he wanted Red Robin. I guess I need to be clearer about his options, but we went to Red Robin He wanted clams and he loved them.
I was surprised how well he did afterwards. He didn't complain and acted like nothing ever happened. I am just glad we found it out while he is still young. I guess it was a good thing he held his pee to long or we would of never known.






No comments:
Post a Comment